- Based in Scotland, reports hierarchically to the Dingwall Site Manager, an 50Mio€+ business unit having activities belonging to the Seafood category.
- Main mandate will be to contribute to the profitable growth of Dingwall, through the
- development & implementation of strong end-to-end operational excellence.
- Represents the authority in designing, maintaining, and continuously improving One System of Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will deliver to Dingwall Supply Chain ambition to:
- Produce safe products that meet legal requirements as well as the company and customer’s requirements.
- Protect Thai Union chilled brands, inclusive of private label brands.
- Stimulate a continuous improvement mindset across all production platforms.
- Become a preferred supplier to Thai Union Chilled customers.
Key Outputs (80% of role)
The primary role and responsibility for this position is to manage and provide leadership to Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Environment and Manpower(QCDSEM). It includes, but not restricted to, the following functions for all our activities;
- COGS- labour, raw material utilisation, packaging and cost management and control of all site production operations.
- Ensuring product quality, integrity and safety.
- Identification of future investment opportunities and subsequent delivery.
- Management and improvement of overhead costs associated with your activities.
- Health, safety and wellbeing of all employees under your control will be a top priority.
- Conduct our operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Will guarantee ESCo fully respects the product regulation, law & policies.
- Will lead the development of the production team maximising individual potential.
- Will maintain awareness of future trends arising in machinery development, legislation and processing techniques.
- Ensure that customer demands are met in full via utilisation of resources at disposal.
- The Operations Manager will finally be assessed through his capacity to:
- Set clear objectives for team.
- Harmonize tools and process through end-to-end supply chain.
- Manage expectations of customers/suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Provide strong leadership and accountability at all levels within the organisation.
- Build external networks at senior level to improve company credibility.
- Develop excellent communication within global functions at Thai Union Chilled.
- Proven business experience in chilled food industry- within primary processing environment.
- Experience working as Senior Production/Operations Manager with extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- A strong leader with excellent communication skills.
- Commercial / business acumen.