Tanfield (home of Penn State Pretzels)
As our Area Manager, the main purpose of your role is to co-ordinate the production process, ensuring throughput rates and quality are delivered at the expected standard and that all actions are dealt with and data captured accurately, in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for ensuring an effective handover is complete with clear actions and investigations for all issues and that teams are in place and ready to go at start of shift. You’ll also ensure all necessary line/equipment/process checks and documentation is completed.
Some of your key responsibilities on the shift will include:
- Monitor all paperwork is to the required standard
- Monitor Autostore to ensure correct quantities are produced against each job
- Ensure relevant shift data captured is accurate
- Drive the performance of the team/equipment/process
- Chair meetings with Production staff
- Ensure that team is timely at break times
- Ensuring that stock such as film and boxes and all materials are requested in a timely manner to minimise downtime
- Ensures that all process/ production/hygiene paperwork is completed and specified quality checks are being completed
- Coordinate Machine Technicians throughout shift ensuring each member of the team knows and executes their role effectively
- Creates a clean as you go culture with staff at all times
- Ensures that COSHH procedures are followed
- Ensure safety of others and promotes a safety ownership culture with staff
- Understanding of the HACCAP system operated within the Company and therefore understands the food safety risks and the controls in place to minimise these risks
- Monitor team for 100% compliance of all business processes and SOP’s at all times. Variation of these can only be authorised by a Production Manager
- Assess process issues and identify improvements to the Production Manager
Education minimum requirement:
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (or equivalent)
The award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be and we work together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!