Successful family business are looking for an Operations Manager to join their team producing their popular specialised products.
This historic family run business create a wonderful set of products by fusing modern manufacturing processes whilst remaining true to the products tradition. The Food Manufacturers high growth rate has been built on the quality of their product in line with modern market trends. Their award winning product is exported to all four corners of the globe .
The growth is set to continue and is being supported by the expansion of their wonderful site, big capital investment projects and of course bringing in highly skilled individuals to join their friendly and committed team.
Operations Manager will be required to manage the business' production operations in order to maximize efficiency whilst driving the highest possible levels of product quality.
- Ensure that production, financial and qualitative plans are achieved through active management of the production facilities.
- Staff management - manage, lead and develop the production teams.
- Ensure that all required information and records are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Hygiene - Ensure that the highest levels of hygiene are maintained.
- Health and Safety - Ensure that the working environment is a safe place to work and that all the legislative requirements are implemented and adhered to. Work with Health & Safety Manager on relevant site safety.
- Performance management and reporting - Work with Operations Director, Head of Engineering, Finance team and partners in setting and achieving the financial and operational targets. Ensure regular and timely reporting of KPI`s.
The Operations Manager will need to have:
- Track record of delivering improved results
- Experience of managing within a dairy environment
- Experience of introducing manufacturing techniques such as Lean 6Sigma
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Haccp principles
- Although not essential basic lab knowledge would be an advantage
- Computer literate