Senior Development Technologist
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a growing innovation team within Northampton.
As our Senior Product and Process Developer this role will allow you to take on full projects from Concept to Launch.
Not only handling the development of new products for M&S you will also have the responsibility for enabling these through process development working closely with the manufacturing team to verify the feasibility of products going into manufacturing.
This really is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your process knowledge, expertise and passion for great food.Main responsibilities
- To develop new, and modify existing products, in line with written briefs which can be delivered to launch.
- Put all products through the feasibility process; working with the commercial, operations, technical and purchasing teams to ensure concepts are sustainable once they are trialled and launched in the factory.
- Compile product costing information and adapt recipes to balance food quality.
- Complete and approve all relevant documentation to ensure accuracy of information shared internally and externally
- Provide leadership across the team
You'll have previous experience of working in a fast paced environment with an awareness of project management techniques, in particular critical path and gated processes.
A good knowledge of food is a must, but we’ll also be looking for you to be analytical and numerate with good communication skills.About the company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.