Quality Assurance Manager
Giles Foods Ltd, based in Warminster, Wiltshire is a specialist bakery business established in 1997 to manufacture baked sweet buns and pastries.
In May 2013 Giles Foods became a subsidiary of the Warburton's Group, today Giles Foods are one of the market leaders in providing bespoke bakery products to the retail and foodservice sectors, with a turnover of £11m and circa 100 employees.
Quality, good service, innovation in products and plant, has given Giles Foods a strong image and reputation in the market place.
We are recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Technical team to establish and develop the QA department and ensure that all our products are safe, legal and exceed quality standards and customer specifications.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Daily running of the Quality team, including all people management responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all departments to promote effective team working and a common purpose in the achievement of technical and company goals.
- Review customer requirements and ensure they are adhered to.
- To ensure temperature and calibration checks are carried out.
- Manage and investigate customer complaints within the required timeframes and maintain the complaints database.
- To ensure the maintenance of quality and safety through effective auditing of the factory quality management system.
- Take responsibility for taste panels.
- Involvement in customer and supplier visits.
- Proactive approach to suggesting changes and improvements and how to implement them.
To be successful in this role we think you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Proven experience as a Quality Manager.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal format with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and make fast and effective decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Confidence to challenge and persuade.
- Proficient in all MS office packages.
In return you will receive the following:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 35 hour working week
- Employee Assistant Program
- Life Assurance
- On-site Parking
- Excellent learning and development opportunities through our leadership training passport scheme
Apply for Quality Assurance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly