Our client is a well-known and much-loved bakery business with a rich history in producing exceptionally high quality products. They are embarking upon an exciting period of change and are recruiting a General Manager to lead their unique manufacturing facility based in North Yorkshire.
They differentiate themselves from other consumer companies by placing significant emphasis on the ethical, social and environmental aspects of operating the business in addition to the economic dimension. They have exceptionally high levels of engagement with employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which they operate. Relationships are built for the long term with an open, honest approach to doing business and strong ethical and environmental principles at the heart of business practice.
The General Manager will work alongside the Operations Director in translating the strategic direction and vision of the business into tangible plans, budgets, targets and actions. They will lead and oversee the delivery of the operational change plan and identified goals of the bakery teams, including commercial targets and outputs. They'll ensure training, learning, development and succession plans are in place to build capacity and capability in all areas of bakery operations.
A real emphasis will be placed on the engagement and development of their teams, alongside a focus on improvements to operational practices & process flow.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in a bakery manufacturing business
- Track record of working as part of a senior team, combining operational understanding and strong strategic thinking
- Extensive experience in leading, coaching and motivating large, diverse teams of people across multiple shifts
- Experience of delivering change projects in an operational environment
- Creative and expansive thinking
- Experience from a blue-chip business or exposure to World Class Manufacturing would be beneficial.
- Commercial understanding, ability to understand a P&L and bakery production levers
- Ability to build strong, effective and open relationships with employees at all levels and in other functions
- Clear, impactful and influential communication skills
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lisa Bird on 0191 269 0668.