Interim - Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Tetrosyl Limited is the largest manufacturer and supplier of car care products in Europe and is the UK’s biggest independent oil blender extending its global reach to 100 countries. Tetrosyl leads the way in brand management with a fine blend of innovation, technology and design to bring the biggest retail brands in the industry to car care, automotive and home care markets.
Tetrosyl FMCG and bulk manufacturing operations are based in Greater Manchester, at Bridge Hall and Bevis Green sites, covering over 70,000 square metres of production space. The combined sites produce over 2500 different products.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Health, and Safety & Environment Manager will have responsibility for managing Health and Safety strategy across 2 production facilities based in Bury Lancashire.
This role is an interim position based from the Bridge Hall Works site in Bury.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Health & Safety Management System to OHSAS 18001 standards and Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 standards and the. Also responsible for developing and maintaining product safety information for product use and transportation.
- Developing the companies Health & Safety and Environmental and Policy Statements.
- Administering a programme for and carrying out Risk Assessments, Accident Investigations and Safety Audits.
- Producing statistical reports on the above.
- Developing a framework whereby the individual environmental requirements of customers are unified with the approach required for ISO 14001.
- Advising the company on any environmental and health & safety issues on an ongoing basis.
- Developing and reviewing procedures and work instructions to ensure that HSE requirements are considered.
- Developing and maintaining the computer generation of Material Safety Data Sheets, to allow direct access to Marketing and Customer Services.
- Supplying CHIP labels and safety information on products to the Marketing departments.
- Advising chemists of safe handling procedures to be used during development of products and feasibility safety information.
- Ensuring that products that are licensed under the Pesticides Regulations are kept current with the legislation and changes are notified to the HSE.
- Chairing the companies Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Liaising with Site Managers / Departmental Managers to ensure best working practices are employed.
- Acting as the nominated Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser, providing the company with an annual report with regard to the carriage of dangerous goods by its operations.
- Acting as Planning Supervisor on construction work that the company embarks on.
- Performing monitoring requirements for chemicals in the workplace and ensuring those regulated standards are not exceeded.
- Checking and approving all artwork produced by the company with regard to environmental, health and safety claims and legal requirements.
Successful candidates will have a Health & Safety background and be able to demonstrate proven ability to manage all Health and Safety requirements within a production environment. Candidates would preferably have experience working with Chemicals, or chemical based FMCG products.
Skills and person traits include:
- Formally recognized H&S qualification is a must.
- Experience working within an industrial environment, chemical would be desirable, or related FMCG chemical based products. – e.g cosmetics, household, personal care, or related product.
- COMAH experience would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of Health & Safety auditing
- Enthusiastic and driven self-starter
This is a unique and interesting opportunity in the North West - To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Alan.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advocate Group have been retained exclusively by Tetrosyl Limited and as such any third party or speculative applications will be forwarded directly to The Advocate Group.
Apply for Interim - Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly