Group Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a large UK manufacturer of branded and own-label chilled food products, with annual revenues in excess of £500m and seven sites across the UK. The company is a progressive and forward looking organisation which places high value on people development and progression. The business has experienced a period of sustained growth and make some of the UK's most recognisable food products.
The role also has corporate accountability for Occupational Health, Safety & Security across seven sites in the UK and >1100 employees. Taking ownership for the leadership team, this role requires the successful candidate to manage the strategy and delivery of all our associated annual programmes. The business has already made significant improvements from an OH&S perspective, having achieved almost an 80% reduction in accidents over the last 5 years and zero reportable accidents in nearly in 2 years.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop, and continuously access the OH&S strategy and ensure compliance, providing regular review and reporting of performance;
- Develop an environment where there is clear accountability for OH&S, and ensuring adequate levels of skills and knowledge;
- Deliver programmes to drive KPI improvements through annual plans, projects and effective reporting tools;
- Manage all site audits and enforcement authority visits to ensure compliance and closure of corrective actions;
- Increase the capability of security management systems;
- In the event of serious incidents, lead investigations and represent the Company appropriately;
- Stay informed regarding new systems, tools and technologies and apply as appropriate to continuously improve the OH&S strategy.
Knowledge & experience required:
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Diploma with IOSH Chartered Membership;
- Diploma in Security Management;
- Experience in Food Manufacturing, people management and cultural change - at a Group level;
- An ability to influence and communicate with senior management, ensuring delivery of performance improvement;
- Managing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of PUWER, CE MARKING, DSEAR / ATEX & CoSHH.