TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Technical Development Manager
Bosham, West Sussex
Langmead Herbs, part of The Langmead Group supplies a wide range of herbs to retailers across both the UK and Spain. They produce cut, bunched and potted fresh herbs, supplying more than 40 million packs to the retail and food service sectors. Due to recent success they have now created a new opportunity for a Technical Development Manager, looking for someone specifically with high care experience.
This is a demanding but exciting opportunity, for an experienced Technical Manager, or Senior QA Manager, to set up their new high care facility. You must be a people person, who is exceptional at building strong customer relationships.
- Provide practical, hands-on management and support to ensure all products meet or exceed expectations with regards to quality, microbiological, safety, legislative, ethical and environmental requirements
- Lead the development, definition and communication of all technical and quality policies ensuring that these are rigorously adhered to across the business
- Support the development and implementation of an effective NPD management process to support the business growth strategy
- Play a leadership role in appropriate direct customer engagement for all appropriate technical issues
- Ensuring all customer requirements are fully met, and, where necessary, integrated into the factory environment
- Definition and implementation of policies for management of all factory quality systems
- The provision of full Technical support to the Operations function to drive improvements in lean processes and ensure full and effective Technical compliance at all times
- The provision of effective Microbial testing of product and environment reporting outcomes and fully investigating and resolving adverse trend results
- Regular reporting, trending and investigating of customer complaints, non-conformances and actions for improvement
Key Skills / Experience:
- At least 3 years technical management experience involving the major retailers
- Experience as a QA Manager at a senior level would be considered
- Experience of leading technical teams in a high care environment
- Demonstrable experience in project management involving NPD and EPD
- Experience of operating in customer environments across private label and branded activities
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Ability to build excellent internal and external customer rapport
- A high level of numeracy, being confident with costing, pricing and financial reporting
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear ability to motivate, inspire and work within high performing team
- Excellent forward planning, organisational and time management abilities
This is an exceptional opportunity for the motivated technical professional who is prepared to work hard and be hands on within a forward thinking and entrepreneurial business.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described or contact Clear Edge for further information.
Apply for TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly