£18,000 – £20000
My client, a family run business is looking to hire 1 or 2 production supervisors for their site East Scotland.
Using every opportunity to maximise the efficiency of the operation and the contribution of the team, whilst maintaining standards of product and people safety.
- To supervise the packing hall and filler area and ensure to promote a right first-time attitude.
- To maximise resource with respect to raw materials, packaging, labour and energy in line with company targets.
- To deliver through training adequate skills cover that assures the ability to produce to standard performance.
- To supervise an effective production team with specific emphasis on creating a ‘right first time’ operating system.
- To ensure good hygiene, housekeeping and safety policies are employed at all times.
- To create a high level of motivation within your teams through sound leadership.
- To fully understand how your area of responsibility operates and identify ways to improve with respect to efficiency, skills and quality consistently. To create and maintain a continuing improvement environment.
- To ensure good communications are maintained within the organisation in ensuring all relevant information is briefed to the appropriate individuals, thereby allowing them to meet their objectives.
- To maintain good employment practices to legislation, codes of practice company policy and site rules.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment is operated with due care and attention, reporting problems through the appropriate channels ensuring all the facts.
- To ensure re work product is effectively managed and keep product failure to an absolute minimum.
- To ensure enough raw materials are available from stock to match the approved plan.
- To provide accurate documentation to the relevant departments to meet the time scale agreed.
Days Based Role Monday - Friday
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly