Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Working for one of the UK’s leading manufacturing businesses who have a vast portfolio of branded and own label products, a customer base including all major retailers and a highly regarded reputation as an industry leader. The business now has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to ensure that the site complies with all health, safety & environmental legislation and company standards whilst leading the SHE strategy and developing a long-term, achievable safety plan.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop and implement site wide initiatives to embed behavioural safety and best practice approaches.
- Work with the Leadership Team and Management Team to ensure legal and business compliance to SHE rules and regulations.
- Maintain the site’s OHSAS18001 H&S certificate.
- Maintain the site’s ISO14001:2015 environmental management system and certificate.
- Manage and update the site duty manager matrix, ensure personal and individuals responsibilities are understood.
- Lead and coordinate site processes, ALARP, PUWER, RA’s, MS’s and COSHH, ensuring compliance and providing advice, training and support.
- Maintain contact with HSE, Group Health & Safety & Environmental and relevant bodies as appropriate.
- Coordinate site responses and action following ‘cross check’ requests.
- Monitor and record accidents, incidents and near misses providing support where necessary with investigation reports and ensuing actions.
- Responsible for accident, incident and near miss data reporting on a monthly basis (KPIs) for site and Group Health & Safety.
- Responsible for environmental data reporting on a monthly basis for site and Group Environmental.
- Deliver the relevant part of the induction process and deliver manual handling training for new starters and refresher training when due.
- Demonstrable HS&E leadership experience, gained in an FMCG environment, preferably food manufacturing.
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent qualification or experience of maintaining ISO14001 environmental management systems.
- Working knowledge of SHE legislation.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Risk management (risk control and risk reduction).
- Data collection and trend identification.
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team.
- Accident investigation training.
- Good decision maker with the ability to undertake investigations and lead safer working practices.
- Previous Audit experience and ability to lead internal and external health and safety auditing teams.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.