Job Title: Environmental Manager
Salary: c£35-45k, Pension,
We are looking for an Environmental Manager to join a talented team for a site where they produce world renowned brands. It's a great opportunity to develop your career with this progressive and highly acclaimed business. You will work across their UK sites and be a key member of their team.
- As an Environmental Manager, you will ideally will be degree qualified or similar in a relevant subject. You will have experience of making environmental improvements within manufacturing (food manufacturing desirable)
- You will be professionally qualified to recognised national/international standard - IEMA NEBOSH
- Knowledgeable of current and emergent environmental legislation
- Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO14001
- Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager you will advise and lead the organisation on environment issues: develop communication lines with external agencies (e.g. EA, HSE) and customers to ensure that latest current environmental requirements are known and integrated into internal policies and procedures
- You will monitor and interpret legislative and external environment developments (benchmarking)
- A key part of this role is to ensure that Implementation and monitoring of the Environment Management System (EMS) is in line with business, legislative and customer needs
- Communicate effectively with customer contacts and internal customer-facing colleagues to establish requirements to ensure systems compliance
- As Environment Manager you will advise on suitable annual KPI selection and metric reporting for environment in conjunction with management and appropriate external bodies: prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as necessary, review KPIs monthly and annually with operations management and participate in operational and strategy meetings as appropriate
- Participate in the specification and assessment of new equipment and procedures: oversee the analysis of job hazards through appropriate risk assessment techniques participate in the acquisition, relocation, modification, closure and decommissioning of facilities, equipment or processes
- Identify and anticipate EHS concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions in the organisation
- Regular inspection, review, investigates EMS failures, trend analysis and recommends preventive measures.
- Monitor developments in the field of environmental compliance to advise on best practice
- Support the H&S Manager in H&S management in their absence and supporting policy compliance
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send me your CV with or give me a call on 0161 832 7463 (work) / 07703965454 (mobile), and I'll be more than happy to have a chat and give you more information!