Technical Quality Assistant
Technical / Quality Assistant, Food Manufacturing, Leeds/Bradford
We are recruiting for a Technical & Quality Assistant role on behalf of our Food Production site.
We are looking for a person with a genuine passion for food to contribute to the continued success of our foodservice business, based in the Leeds / Bradford West Yorkshire area.
This is great opportunity for a recent graduate, or you may have some experience working within the food industry looking to progress your career
Main aspects of the Role:
- Assisting with continuous improvement, compliance & administration
- Perform process checks throughout the goods-in, production, dispatch and warehousing functions of the business.
- Operational checks: cleaning, weight checks, label checks, package integrity, equipment.
- Assist in training employees on food safety, company policies and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Review that CCPS are met and that teams understand their relevance. Monitor HACCP (Critical Control Points)
- Assist in the preparation for third party audits, customer visits and BRC.
- Carry out monthly Hygiene / Glass & Hard Plastic audits / calibration compliance / Temperature compliance
- Generate finished product specifications and control issue to suppliers
- Management & maintenance of data bases including product specifications / allergen & nutritional information Including updating when changes are made to raw materials & suppliers.
- Maintain Supplier approval system and keeping records accurate and up to date
- Food science qualification preferred or a working knowledge / experience of HACCP / Food Safety.
- A minimum of placement experience in a food manufacturing environment, ideally production based.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to engage and work with all areas of the business
- High level of organisation and prioritising skills with the ability to see a job through to satisfactory.
- Creative problem solving skills ensuring solutions are delivered.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Positive and 'can do' attitude & able to work to deadlines
Salary: circa £19 - £21k (dependent on experience)
Hours of work: 08.00am - 4.30pm
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Technical Assistant, QA Assistant Quality Assistant, Technical Graduate, Quality Assurance Technical, Quality Auditor, Technical Administrator, QA Technologist, Technical Supervisor, QC, Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Oldham, Harrogate, West Yorkshire, Food Manufacturer, FMCG
Apply for Technical Quality Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly