Technical Development Manager
Caffé Nero’s vision is for customers to love our food as much as they love our coffee. This role is a key component in the delivery of this vision as the Technical Development Manager reporting to the Head of Food and Beverage and provided by our independent technical safety and quality experts NSF International.
If you have a passion for food, innovation, safety and quality then this could a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team as a Caffé Nero Technical Development Manager.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven and dedicated individual who will be a key resource to our client.
Driven by a culture of innovation and ambition, Nero works to bring their unrivalled product ranges to coffee and food lovers across the spectrum. Their F&B department now needs a dedicated bright and capable Technical Manager to take full technical responsibility for their amazing products.
Reporting to the Head of Food & Beverage, you will take the technical lead and have full responsibility for helping to develop and deliver the technical food strategy in the food transformation project. You will deliver policies/processes to manage risk, drive improvement, and monitor compliance in relation to NPD, quality, safety & legality standards of Nero’s products.
We’re looking for a confident, experienced and poised Technical Manager who has gained a wealth of technical experience from food manufacturing or retail environments who is educated to degree level. We really need a technical manager who can self-start this role on their own. Embracing new product areas, getting excited about technical innovation and advancements in technology and ingredients is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Food Science/Food Technology/Environmental Health or related degree.
- Valid experience in an appropriate industry in middle - senior technical management roles in the food manufacturing, food retail and/or food service/catering sectors.
- The ability to demonstrate the practical application of:
- Food Law and Food Issues Management with particular application to manufacturing and multi-outlet catering operations e.g. pack labelling and menu copy approval.
- HACCP in food manufacturing and distribution.
- Supplier and Wholesale & Distribution Quality and Due-Diligence Management Systems
- Supplier Inspection & Assessment Systems e.g. BRC
- Risk Assessment/New Product Safety Approval Systems
- Development of technical standards, guidelines, Codes of Practice
- Ideally, experience of the application of strategic supply chain technical assurance systems and product development and approval systems within a fast-moving food service/catering environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly numerate and the ability to negotiate on technical matters at all interface levels
- Able to liaise effectively at all levels within the company, with suppliers and with other external organisations (e.g. local authorities, FSA, non-governmental organisations)
- Highly computer-literate, particularly with regard to practical experience of technical data/information maintenance and dissemination
A key aspect to the role is to be able to react to unplanned demands and workloads so a flexible and organised individual is a must! First class communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Also needed is a good attention to detail for checking specifications, artwork and other in-store customer-facing material.
You will be based at Nero’s Covent Garden office and will be required to travel to clients and suppliers, and NSF offices so a valid UK driving licence is important.
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Interested in finding out more? Apply now or call for a confidential chat.
Apply for Technical Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly