Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
This Cornwall based business is a market leader within the food & drink sector and supplies both UK and European retailers and wholesalers with a broad range of products. They operate from state-of-the-art facilities and have enjoyed considerable growth both in terms of revenue and reputation over recent years. This is a newly created role reporting to the Technical Manager and represents an excellent career development opportunity for a high calibre individual with extensive experience of quality assurance within food/drink production lines across a range of products. This business has a strong track record in investing in technology, sustainability, innovation and staff training.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent audit readiness by embedding a quality culture in the Technical & Operational teams
- Assist in implementing proactive decisions & implementing corrective actions where required.
- Provide assistance with third party accreditations (BRC & customer/retail audits)
- Working with the QA Supervisor and Ops Team to lead customer complaint trending analysis & proactively ensure trends are escalated & appropriate actions implemented.
- Carry out routine factory standard audits & work with the Ops teams to improve
- Motivate and lead the QA Supervisor/QA team
- Influence other departments to support changes to improve standards/quality
- Implement systems, training, procedures & work instructions within the Technical team
- Responsible for Technical staff training across the sites ensuring all staff are aware of changes, processes, procedures & developments
- Deputise for Technical Manager as and when required
- Fully support the implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Be an active member of the site HACCP teams, reviewing and auditing the system.
- Assist the company internal audit team, auditing the sites against BRC and customer standards
- Complete & update technical specifications as required
- Assist the Technical Manager with customer visits and audits.
- Degree and/or relevant Quality Manager/Supervisory experience
- Experience in Food Safety and Quality Systems such as HACCP, Auditing, QMS.
- Understanding and experience of BRC and Retail customer standards.
- People management and development experience.
- Basic microbiology and hygiene knowledge and understanding.
- Professional and leads by example
- Good interpersonal skills
- HACCP accredited and Food Safety (Level 3)
- Good computer and software knowledge.
Salary Range: £30,000 - £35,000
Company pension (5% company contribution)
24 days holiday