- To manage the internal Engineering function.
- To maintain a scheduled, systematic, and documented planned maintenance system for all equipment, in accordance with EFSIS/BRC standards.
- To cover breakdowns to ensure minimal disruption to the company’s operations.
- To ensure that all equipment is safe, and to ensure that all engineering functions are conducted in a safe manner, all within the structure of the company’s Health & Safety Management System.
- To provide engineering support for the company’s internal systems, including:
- New product, process & packaging development
- Efficiency developments including waste, energy, labour and effluent reduction
- To assist with the training of employees on the safe and correct methods for operating machinery.
- To manage sub-contractors.
- To control financial budgets relevant to engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualification as a chartered engineer;
- Minimum of 10 years' engineering experience;
- Degree in engineering;
- Knowledge of the industry;
- Experience in managing team in a technical environment;
- Ability to solve technical problems;
- Good human relations, motivational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of modern maintenance techniques.