Customer Technical Manager
The Technical Manager will support the business across quality assurance and food safety, working very closely with the retail customer base in the UK and Ireland. Embedding into the customer base and working closely with the manufacturing sites and key stakeholders, you will focus on improving quality and developing very strong relationships with key contacts within the retailers.
Strong leadership skills, along with the ability to set and lead an agenda are essential, as is a methodical approach and the ability to see things through to conclusion. High levels of attention to detail and good technical skills are required, and the business offers a challenging, ever changing environment with scope for personal development.
To succeed in this challenging, people focused business, you will have:
- Experience working in a senior technical role in either a factory focused technical management role, or within a retailer as a Technical Manager
- Ideally degree level qualifications within a food related discipline
- Ability to build strong customer relationships, and escalate and resolve issues accordingly
- In depth knowledge of Quality Management systems, HACCP and BRC
- Experience of defining an agenda and leading a team
- Ability to establish strong internal working relationships across multiple functions, and the capability to influence others
- Be the 'Go To' technical contact for retailers and foodservice customers
- Review and assess KPIs and technical standards, and build deep relationships with the customer base
- Take the lead in working with customers to resolve any quality issues or complaints, and prevent recurrence
- Visit customers where required, and be prepared to travel both in the UK and Ireland
- Work strategically across the business to deliver supplier strategy and drive improvements
Part of a larger group, the business has a number of high profile brands, and has a fantastic reputation for growth and the development of high performing teams. Excellent opportunities exist for internal progression and development.