Title : QA Manager (Part Time - 3 days per week)
Reports to : Director
Based in : Wrexham
To manage, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day technical activities ensuring compliance with BRC, SALSA and retailer standards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Ensure standards to BRC version 7 are met within our own production and drive continuous improvement.
· Establishing and maintaining our quality procedures, standards and specifications.
· To ensure that our products are produced in a safe and hygienic manner.
· To manage supplier quality assurance.
· Be responsible across all aspects of the business for ensuring that all employees take quality seriously.
· Train, develop and manage quality assurance activities.
· Conduct & have a confident approach when dealing with supplier, external and customer audits both announced and unannounced.
· To manage internal and external micro, chemical and sensory testing.
· To manage our HACCP system regarding maintenance, effectiveness and site awareness.
· Monitor non-conformances, drive root cause analysis projects and implement preventive/ corrective actions as necessary.
· To co-ordinate and use internal audits to assess and modify our systems and standards as necessary.
· Manage internal and external KPI's efficiently and effectively
· Identify and agree any projects which could improve the quality of the process of product
· Coach and develop problem solving techniques within our production team whilst identifying innovative solutions that improve line efficiency and product quality.
· Manage customer complaints, driving a swift response to the customer
· Identifying areas of improvement to optimise performance and reduce operating costs
· Conducting employee inductions and further training.
· Knowledge and experience of working to BRC standards within food manufacturing.
· Experience of implementing and maintaining BRC would be desirable.
· Experience in a quality assurance role within a food manufacturing business.
· Be driven to implement change.
· Have a good understanding of problem solving and modern lean manufacturing techniques.
· Have the ability to communicate and deal with colleagues at all levels; production floor, management and directors
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with a hands on approach.
· Excellent team player
· Pro-active, inquisitive, forward thinking and flexible attitude to work
· Significant experience in a food manufacturing environment
· At least 3 years’ experience essential in a quality assurance role.
· Degree level would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven management skills within previous roles