Category Technical Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
£attractive + car + package
Clearly acknowledged as a market leader in their sector, our client is a highly successful business and brand – delivering a range of chilled, ambient and frozen quality ingredients and finished products to their customers within the food industry sector.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Enjoying extensive liaison with customers and responsible for the effective management and ongoing development of a specific range of products, this is a broad based role, encompassing supplier management and product launches, as well as offering wider support for all food safety issues across all technical matters.
- Provide support, guidance and expertise to the procurement & category team in context of supplier selection, supplier expertise, product quality attributes and control parameters which will successfully contribute to exceeding customer expectations, growing sales and profit.
- Stay abreast of industry challenges, issues and developments, sharing insight within the technical, category & procurements teams to mitigate impact and support sales growth.
- Effective supplier management from initial selection & approval through conducting site visits, setting clear technical expectations, providing guidance & support, issuing performance updates and instigate joint business/improvement plans.
- Maintain the approved supplier database, complete due diligence visits as required ensuring visit reports are documented and all non-conformances are effective closed out.
- Maintain up to date specifications for all products.
- Generate and approve own brand artwork.
- Instigate a robust quality assessment programme for product range.
- To succeed, you’ll need to have the technical skills and expertise that sets you apart from the rest. In short, extensive experience of quality/technical management, ideally with fresh high care products, which must encompass compressive knowledge of the full product supply chain. Above all, however, we’ll be seeking a passionate leader and a proven industry professional from a retail, foodservice or manufacturing background, with the necessary stature and vision to really make a significant long term contribution to this business.
- Food Science/Technology degree or similar.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of effective quality management & HACCP systems.
- Knowledge of European and UK legislation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well-organized and effective project management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
Apply for Category Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly