- Contract Type
To recommend, establish and monitor improvements to systems, which will ensure product and process quality
standards meet customer expectations, legislative requirements and established industry standards.
1. To control and implement the quality management system to ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and customer requirements BRC, Customer specific Manufacturing standards and Food Hygiene legislation.
2. To regularly monitor and audit all aspects of the quality management system. Non-conformances should be
addressed in a timely manner and robust solutions implemented to prevent recurrence. (The Internal audit schedule
should act as a primary part of this monitoring process)
3. To define product and process specifications and to work with line management to ensure compliance with
4. As leader of the HACCP team, ensure that HACCP is established, developed, implemented and maintained to
assure the safety and integrity of our processes and products.
5. To carry out/manage the duties as required by our customers including KPI reports and customer specifications.
6. To keep abreast of industry developments, proactively identifying possible future changes to policies and
procedures, recommending any necessary actions
Other duties and tasks
1. To ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with established company policies and procedures;
trends are identified at the earliest opportunity and remedial action identified and co-ordinated.
2. To control expenditure within the agreed limits
3. To manage supply base and service suppliers to ensure no issues with site or products produced.
1. To engage with all levels of the business to promote a positive commitment to quality.
2. To co-ordinate and handle the technical aspects of all customer visits. To liaise with line management in
identifying and resolving any potential problem areas.
3. To develop productive, professional relationships with all customers and key suppliers.
1. To ensure that all employees for whom responsible are effectively trained. To undertake a training need analysis
for departmental and individual needs and liaise with team to achieve objectives.
2. To support line management with the training of all aspects of food safety and quality
3. To ensure refresher training is carried out as required.
To take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the
required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role.
Effectively meeting customer needs, building productive customer relationships and taking responsibility for
customer satisfaction and loyalty to the business.
Values and Behaviours
To encourage and promote site processes and procedures and to comply with the required standards of
Equality and Diversity
To promote, adhere to and implement the Equal Opportunities policy.
Health and Safety
To work in compliance with the Health & Safety Policy to ensure hazards are identified and risk assessed and
To be proactive in managing your personal health, safety and well-being and that of your colleagues.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly