Production Operatives - Food - Days - Permanent
We currently have opportunities for Production Operatives to join the team at our Westry site in March Cambridgeshire, which is our onions and potatoes division.
As a Production Operative your responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Assist in managing the product flow through the line; quality sort produce and dress out defects, ensuring product specifications are met
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to a ‘clean-as-you-go’ approach following safe working practices
- Ensure defects and poor quality is reported to Line Leader
- Ensure products are correctly packed to target in line with company and customer expectations
- Label, weigh and pack produce as required/trained
- Carry out all tasks outlined in the IPL training matrix applicable to this role using productive manufacturing methods
- Promote good working relationships as an integral part of the team
*Please note the shift pattern for this position is 4 on 4 off working 7:00am to 5:30pm
Qualifications and Skills Required:-
- Entry level in both written & spoken English
- ‘Can do’ attitude and proactive approach
- Understanding of health and safety policies in the work place
- Basic Food Hygiene Level 1
- Working in a fast moving environment
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- Good team working and practical skills
- The ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks and follow instruction
- A willingness to work flexibly
- Willing to take any training required for this role
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package; inclusive of paid holiday, pension scheme, bonus, social events and free car parking
International Procurement and Logistics Ltd:-
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to Asda and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability enables us to support Asda and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’.
We are the second largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over twelve UK sites and several country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there.
As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save Asda and Walmart customer’s money every day.