This role will report into the site director and oversee all operations at an FMCG manufacturing site.
- Ensure that company procedures are adhered to under Heath, Safety and Environment
- Implement the operational strategy to departments through the management of KPI's. Review data with senior staff and direct reports, and initiate improvement activities which will assist in increasing performance (inc OEE, unit cost of manufacture, labour utilisation) and reducing the cost of production.
- Work with the Director to identify opportunities for reducing spend and targeting overhead reduction opportunities.
- Maintain and develop a highly motivated team and develop a set of skills that supports continuous improvement, initiates culture change activities and promotes the company core values.
- Work with the Operational Team Leaders & Senior operatives to ensure the daily deployment of team members and engineers, upkeep of records and the effectiveness of the planned maintenance scheme.
- Deliver training and development needs for Team Leaders, Senior Operatives etc
- Provide guidance and advice to Team Leaders on absence management, recruitment, performance management and disciplinary and grievances.
- Promote a Continuous Improvement philosophy to ensure that operating methods, machine performance and material specifications are regularly reviewed, maintaining quality, adding value to the operation and promoting team working activity
- Responsible for the effective and timely communication of information to relevant parties, ensuring that understanding and a consistent message is received.
- Qualified to degree or equivalent level
- Fast moving consumer goods market (FMCG), preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture.
- Knowledge of latest production initiatives and management concepts, in line with World Class Manufacturing best practice.
- Experience of Project Management techniques
- Experience of managing an operational environment.