Project Engineers (x2)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Role title: Project Engineer
Location: West Birmingham
Salary: Up to £40,000 pa + Car (Audi A3/A4 or VW Passat) + overtime (days role)
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a contract Mechanical Design Engineers to join a leading organisation in the field of packaging, weighing and quality control.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the purpose of the Project Engineer is to own and deliver on: system design, managing work packages, management of site-works and ensuring system performance and integration.
- Deliver systems within budget, on time and to specification
- Overall project management responsibility of smaller projects
- Produce and manage system CAD layouts during project lifecycle
- Produce and manage time plans
- Identify and develop system control philosophies
- Produce system and equipment specifications
- Produce engineering specifications for bought-out equipment or work packages.
- Select suitable suppliers, obtain quotations and make recommendations to Project Manager for bought-out equipment or work packages.
- Manage project suppliers (internal & external) to ensure agreed project deliverables are achieved.
- Carry out Designers’ Risk Assessment for the system design concept
- Ensure design criteria complies with all applicable technical and statutory regulations. (i.e. Machinery Directive)
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections of ‘bought-out’ equipment.
- Produce Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work to be carried out on site.
- Management of site-works (knowledge of CDM would be an advantage)
- Manage system snagging process
- Successful track record in a design or project engineering related roles.
- Experience of materials handling or packaging systems within the food industry
- A strong team player with well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills with strong personal qualities.
- Must possess high drive and high levels of energy, coupled with the focus and tenacity to deliver performance against objectives.
- Commercial awareness of managing within agreed budgets
- Preferably educated to engineering degree level, however candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience of system integration would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications
- CAD trained (Autocad)
- Willing to manage and travel to clients within the EMEA regions.
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Project Engineers (x2)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly