Senior Technologist / NPD Technologist
*Retained and Managed by ASL Search*
Position: NPD Technologist / Senior Technologist – Functional Ingredients
Established in the UK in 1922, Bowman Ingredients specialises in the production of food coatings for customers in the global food processing industry.
The business supports many of the world’s leading retain and foodservice brands through their global network of manufacturing sites and their drive to new product development.
The Senior Technologist is responsible for managing the technical interface and relationship with Key Accounts within the food service area. Using their knowledge of key ingredients and processes, the Senior Technologist is responsible for developing innovative ingredient formulations and managing the scale up to manufacturing process.
This a prominent function whereby the candidate will be a key advisor in regard to functional ingredients.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships through detailed understanding of their capability, specific requirements of their markets and products.
- Support customers with trials, product presentations, facilitating communication with relevant departments and being the primary point of contact for all technical or account related projects, issues or concerns.
- Co-ordinate and lead customer trials liaising with all BI departments whilst supporting the Technical Department investigations, complaints etc.
- Under the guidance of the Account Managers, understand business priorities, coordinate resource allocation and help to maintain good code of practice.
- Supported by the marketing team, proactively research new market trends and product concepts relevant to key customer accounts.
- Remain technically current and competent and maintain thorough knowledge of the ingredients market through suppliers, research associations and other relevant technical information sources.
- New product formulation and existing product optimisation through a firm understanding of suppliers' product range and food manufacturing processes.
- Generate innovative products or processes and manage implementation from concept to launch.
- Responsible for project management of identified strategic projects for diversification and growth in the UK and overseas.
- Provide NPD expertise in support of company projects, using project management skills as well as understanding of key ingredients functionality and relevant processes.