Director of Manufacturing (functional ingredients and wellness solutions)
Operating with a range of strategic partnerships within health institutes, leading Universities and with a number of contract manufacturing organisations, the business is a market leader within the development and supply of cutting edge functional products providing both finished products for consumers and wellness solutions for global food, beverage and healthcare companies.
Having established a very strong R&D platform with 32 published papers in peer-review journals covering its R&D activity and having been granted global patent-protection across their novel technologies, the business is currently commercialising its expertise exploring both the Business to Consumer and Business to Business routes to market. As the company grows its consumer health franchise through next generation pipeline developments it will continue to explore the potential of its unique compound with a view to improving potency through fractionation and separation technologies.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is a new position that offers a significant opportunity to join the business as it enters a major growth phase. This will be a pivotal role in the business as it develops and stabilises its manufacturing growth and output. Managing a small team, the Director of Manufacturing will lead the selection and management of new and existing Contract Manufacturing Organisations, drive technical changes and manage key suppliers. A key part of this role will be providing robust and pragmatic advice to the executive teams and delivering technical strategy and guidance in a concise manner.
- Provide strategic and technical operational leadership to the company’s strategic manufacturing and technical activities.
- Ensure the business sustains its ability to manufacture products on schedule, to a high quality, whilst meeting cost objectives.
- Manage Contract Manufacturing Organisations at a strategic level.
- Identify and develop new third-parties who can further support and improve production, manufacturing and packaging capabilities.
- Support the company’s commercial team in discussions with companies/clients regarding the chemistry and composition of the products and applications support.
- Develop and implement departmental strategies for quality process and development initiatives.
- Significant technical expertise gained within a food manufacturing environment (dairy would be preferable) in a manufacturing management role.
- Educated to degree level or above in chemistry or related subjects.
- Experience in selecting and managing CMOs, ideally has participated in or led technical and manufacturing agreements.
- Good presentation skills.
- Focus on delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Previous knowledge of GOS manufacture/filtration technology/spray drying would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of sugar characterisation, analytical separation and HPLC methodologies.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and food safety management processes.
- Understanding laboratory techniques, interpretation of results, microbiological and analytical.
- Experienced in continuous improvement techniques.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.