1 day left
- Contract Type
Location / Newton Le Willows
This exciting new role has been created following a review of how Nichols procures our products, equipment and services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development and execution of the overall procurement strategy and for sourcing ingredients, packaging materials, equipment and services for the Group. The role will be suited to an individual experienced in negotiating competitive supply contracts. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Controller, the proactive candidate will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a wealth of experience in managing costs within the FMCG industry.
Your role will include:
- Researching and investigating relevant supply markets in order to accurately evaluate and report risks and opportunities to the Group.
- Negotiating commercially competitive supply agreements across a Group Cost of Sales of circa £70million as well as effectively resolving any supply conflicts.
- Delivering a successful contracting process by providing a high level of cross-functional engagement with Supply Chain and other functions.
- Working with the Supply Chain team managing the supplier KPIs to drive continuous improvement in product quality, service and any agreed cost saving initiatives.
- Developing and managing the processes of supplier selection, contracting and evaluation.
- Working with the finance team to design and implement robust processes to manage purchase price variances and report on these periodically.
- Designing and implementing relevant databases to monitor commodities and give the relevant commercial teams insight into our cost base.
- Manage and develop supplier and co-packer relationships to ensure:
- Collaborative working with the NPI team ensuring that any new products are commercially viable and based on target costing models.
- Collaborative working with our internal teams to look at any potential cost saving initiatives across all areas of spend.
- Collaborative working with our teams at different sites to ensure effective adherence to agreed supply contracts and providing continuous improvements in creating efficiency improvements to any supply contracts (e.g. improved MOQs to suit our requirements)
Essentials- The ideal candidate must have experience of:
- Working in the FMCG / soft drinks industry
- Negotiating competitive supply and service contracts including ingredients and packaging
- Experience of working with a co-packing model
- Managing costs against purchasing budgets
- Creating and preparing tender documents.
- Building and developing beneficial supplier relationships
- Designing and implementing robust systems to effectively manage the procurement of products, equipment and services
- Influencing key Stakeholders within a wider project team environment
- Extensively using Microsoft packages – Excel / Word / PowerPoint
The ideal candidate will be:
- Dynamic, reliable and a highly motivated individual
- Able to build relationships quickly and effectively across all levels
- A passionate team player with excellent communication skills who is open, honest and approachable
- Able to thrive under pressure and achieve targets
Solutions oriented and targets drive