Specifications Advisor – 12 month maternity cover
With increased Government, customer & media focus on health & nutrition and legislative requirements ever increasing, it is vital to understand the implications of legal and policy requirements on our ingredients & product portfolio.
Reporting to the Technical Legislation Manager, the Specifications Advisor must:
- Ensure the legal & policy compliance of products manufactured or sold by KP Snacks.
- Manage the process for collection and approval of ingredient specifications for all KP Snacks manufacturing sites.
- Produce and maintain legally required technical information for the RTB product portfolio.
- Provide technical support for the timely delivery of projects including new product launches, range redesigns, cost saving initiatives, health & nutrition reformulations and implementation of legislation changes.
- Also, the Specifications Advisor has specific responsibility for ingredients within the Agile recipe management system.
- Responsible for sign-off (approval or rejection) of ingredient specifications on behalf of KP Snacks.
- Ensure ingredient specifications meet requirements of appropriate audit standards such as BRC & major customer COP requirements.
- Manage the internal approval process for ingredient specifications working with Factory Technical teams & Group Vendor Assurance team.
- Monitor & report on approval status of all specifications. Ensure approvers internally & externally sign off specifications in a timely manner.
- Manage the generation of UIC numbers for new ingredients introduced to the business liaising with the Master Data team.
- Advise Procurement on specification requirements during process for introducing new suppliers or materials.
- Provide support during CIM or food issue alerts e.g. contamination of raw materials.
- Provide support for factory audits.
- Act as a super user for the Agile recipe management system and represent the Technical Legislation team at Agile meetings.
- Produce and maintain RTB product specifications on internal Agile system and RTB customers web portals.
- Respond to customer queries. Examples include dietary & allergen information, nutrition information, KP Quality Systems, food issues such as acrylamide, GMO or sustainability.
- Line management & training of direct reports.
- Knowledge of KP Snacks branded & RTB portfolio.
- Detailed knowledge of UK & EU legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of KP Snacks & RTB customer policies & COPs.
- Knowledge of ingredients, processing methods and factories producing our snacks.
- Knowledge of nutrition relating to ingredients & products.
- General awareness of snacks industry & competitor products.