Senior Development Technologist
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Technologist to be based in our Manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As a Senior Development Technologist you will be responsible for creating new concepts which exceed the customer expectations, working closely with internal stakeholders and customers, and managing processes to ensure a successful product launch. We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge and passion for food, demonstrated through results and who focuses on building strong working relationships with customers.
- To ensure that the Product Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately
- To work closely with the development chef and development manager developing new concepts either from a brief or through blue sky developments
- To work within a tight time scales to carry out any reformulating / testing ensuring that products are delivered to the correct specification satisfying any revised customer, commercial, nutritional and process development requirements
- To understand and demonstrate understanding of business requirements in terms of margin, budgets alongside those of our customer
- To support the wider team across functional expertise and across sites as required by the business. Supporting factory trials as appropriate
- To work as an integral member of the team, networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required
- To carry out both on-site and off-site customer presentations preparing presentation packs as required and leading meetings
- To demonstrate accurate record keeping with particular reference to recipe details, nutritional calculations, competitor’s activity and other as required
- To attend supplier meetings to gain an understanding of ingredients and opportunities where applicable
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The working pattern is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with some travel as and when required.
The ideal candidate
- Minimum of 3 years experience within food manufacturing, ideally working with short life chilled products
- Intermediate or Advanced Food Hygiene certificate
- Valid driving license and car
- Degree in Food &… Marketing/Nutrition/Consumer Studies / Technology or similar
- Ability to work with external and internal stakeholders with confidence
- Attention to detail
- Good level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/internet and Outlook
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to up to £30,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.