The Food Technologist is responsible for:
- Approving suppliers and approval of raw materials.
- Manage procedures for introduction of new raw materials and change of suppliers
- Delivering detailed and accurate finished product specifications that meets the high standards demanded by the customer
- Carrying out Raw material risk analysis and VACCP
- Artwork checking and approval
- Monitoring and compiling supplier performance data and instigating appraisals or corrective actions when needed
- Ensure launch dates are met with respect to raw materials approval.
- Carrying out of supplier audits and new supplier
- Updating and reviewing supplier / specification databases.
- Liaising with suppliers for the receipt and approval of raw material specifications;
- Periodic specification and document review
- Resolving outstanding queries;
- Being responsible for the maintenance of the Supplier portfolio of product specifications;
- Completing accurately all technical aspects of finished product specifications in line with internal requirements using on line systems and word based systems for NPD (New Product Development) Projects;
- When necessary complete customer’s Finished Product Specifications using on line systems and Word Based Documents;
- Reviewing and maintaining finished product specifications, HACCP for the site, covering all live product in line with Specification Review plan.
- Carrying out Raw material Risk assessment.
- Producing accurate technical data derived from specification reviews for specification updates and artwork generation (Ingredient declarations, Nutrition information, Allergen Data, HACCP etc.);
- Carrying out regular supplier audits, issuing reports and following-up corrective actions;
- Keeping technical information up to date;
- Providing advice of legality, safety and quality standards;
- Providing technical support and up to date documentation to other departments in the Company;
- Keeping up to date with any legislative changes relating to food and notifying relevant stake holders;
- Maintaining document library and facilitate change procedure.
- To support with other related projects when required (Packaging, Artwork Checking, QUID Calculations) as the business needs require.
- Any other reasonable request.
Health and Safety
- To work in accordance with the company Health & Safety policy;
- To ensure the staff understand, and comply with, their responsibilities under the company Health & Safety at Work policy.
- To take reasonable precautions to protect the Company’s property
- To challenge any unauthorised personnel on the premises
- To report and investigate any incident of theft
- Be a source of technical knowledge
- Be an integral member of the technical team and be a team player;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Details focused;
- Organisation & planification;
- Communication, both written & verbal.