Deputy Production Manager
We are a multi award-winning drinks business on a mission to disrupt the industry.
We only want to make things that we want to drink ourselves, without compromising on the ingredients or production process to ‘hit a price-point’.
We believe that if we create things we truly love, other people will love them too.
We’ve built a portfolio of internationally successful drinks brands from scratch, including Bathtub Gin, Rumbullion!, That Boutique-y Whisky Company and Drinks By The Dram, which regularly win “all the awards” (seriously, Google us, it’s ridiculous).
We already turn over tens of millions of pounds a year and over the next 5 years we’re going to build a billion pound global business
- Support Production Manager in managing the planning and execution of production activities to meet demand, QC and efficiency targets.
Essentials of the job
- Assist in anticipating and planning for production demand, and then support the implementation of plans to meet that demand
- Work cooperatively with Production Manager, Health & Safety Manager and Production Supervisors to ensure compliance with all necessary requirements and support Production Manager in ensuring that health and safety and QC standards are met across production
- Work with Production Manager to ensure that products / brands are always available and in stock
- Support Production Manager in ensuring that efficiency requirements are met, and in continuously evaluating and improving our production efficiency
- Share management of day-to-day issues with Production Manager, such as being a key holder and assuming responsibility for products and health and safety.
- Work with the Production Manager, Operations Manager and our HR team in ensuring that any staffing issues are addressed swiftly and fairly, and that our values are applied consistently
- Assist Production Manager in ensuring timely and secure transport of goods between sites
- Coordinate with outsource partners as and when required
- Liaise with Production Manager to assist the new product development (NPD) department by providing practical feedback on the packaging and production aspects of our products
- Support Production Manager in holding responsibility for infrastructure in place for Production at our T100 site such as building, contracts, staff and health and safety
- Manage direct reports, both permanent and temporary, in their day to day activities and in their well-being
- Develop, coach and mentor team members to be the best they can be, building their confidence, guiding them in their learning and facilitating their career progression
- Carry out the full performance review process with each team member, ensuring SMART objectives are set and regularly monitoring progress
- Carry out regular one to ones with team members, giving praise and recognition as well as honest, fair, constructive and timely feedback
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Some experience of people management and supervision within a production environment, including the recruitment and training of staff
- Experience of working within the drinks industry would be preferable, ideally with knowledge of the company’s own products and lines
- Ability to evaluate and offer suggestions for improvements on production processes
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety - and product safety - in a production environment, ideally along with experience in supporting the implementation of health and safety initiatives
- Some involvement in forecasting and production planning would be helpful
- Familiarity with alcohol duty, import and export would be useful
- Good logical, analytical and lateral thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be clear and concise
- Good knowledge of IT, including spreadsheets and Google Suite of apps
- Keen personal interest in spirits
- Great team player alongside the willingness to support the management team
- Good instinct for people management and strong sense of fairness
- Passionate about supporting the growth and development of a modern, efficient production function
- Energetic, intelligent, dynamic and innovative
- Willing to adapt to changing priorities
- Quick learner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer service focused
- Driven and committed to meet daily targets
Why work for us?
Well, other than all the usual stuff that any normal company should give like a workplace pensions and cycle2work schemes, we've got...
- Free food
- Endless fancy coffee (George Clooney endorsed)
- A relaxed working environment
- Flexible working
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh! And you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Admin Assistant role, then please apply now and send your CV by clicking the 'APPLY' button