Site General Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a £multi million leading FMCG and food business. Brand Leaders in their market they are focused on quality and delivery of product and have built their ongoing success on their exceptional innovation and service levels to their customers, which is why this role is such a critical appointment in terms of future strategic direction.
We are seeking a Leader who can take responsibility for making this site truly ‘world class’ in terms of its operational excellence.
- Assume full responsibility for the site and ensure the delivery of the overall site strategic plan.
- Manage the production, warehouse and transport activities ensuring the manufacturing site consistently meets the requirements of the business in terms of service levels to the customer.
- Ensure all operations from the site are carried out in accordance with Food Safety and Hygiene Standards.
- Manage, motivate, develop and coordinate the activities of the team through effective leadership and open communication to develop a multifunctional team across the site.
- Clear liaison with all departments in the business to ensure smooth operational flow is maintained throughout the departments and across the business.
- Management and authorisation of expenditure against the budget for Production, Warehouse and Transport functions ensuring optimal utilisation of costs.
- Develop appropriate performance indicators across the Production, Warehouse and Transport functions, monitor performance and make improvements as needed.
- Lead, motivate, depot shift managers and develop the Supervisors and Team Leaders to enable the effective performance of their responsibilities
- Develop a site manufacturing strategy, including training of workforce to meet production demand and profit needs. Strong focus on GMP.
- Previous experience as a GM or Site Lead you will have either led an automated food manufacturing facility or alternatively headed up a food distribution site.
- Previous experience of managing transport and warehouse operations would be an advantage.
- Proven change management experience through delivering performance improvement programmes.
- Of graduate calibre with exceptional senior management experience
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision making skills
- An empowering management style with solid leadership skills focusing on coaching and mentoring
- Passionate about quality and able to demonstrate the ability to drive a team to achieve high standards and excellent levels of customer service
- A logical problem solver who will be able to prioritise and adapt workloads, to manage the business requirements
- Action orientated – able to make important decisions and get things done within business critical time lines.