Site Technical Manager
- Contract Type
Our Chilled Food Client pride themselves on the quality of their ready meals and ability to produce a variety of different cuisines including Italian, Health and Premium ranges that are enjoyed by millions of people across the UK every day. Based in the Midlands, our Client has evolved into manufacturing high quality ready meals for major UK retailers. They are seeking to recruit an exceptional Site Technical Manager to join their exciting business.
- Responsibility for managing the technical team department as a whole and managing and developing the team as individuals
- Ensuring that the Quality Management system is in place, maintained, reviewed and continually approved
- Responsibility for liaising and communicating with customers/external bodies on all aspect of technical issues for the site.
- Ensuring that all systems, procedures, practices, testing regimes and audits are effective to ensure that the due diligence of the site is maintained
- To ensure that the site maintains Higher Level EFSIS (BRC) accreditation and maintains successful EHO/TSO/customer/external audits and visits
- To ensure that all new products to be introduced into the business are technically sound in relation to all food safety, quality and legality aspects
- To oversee the supplier approval system for raw materials and packaging suppliers potentially entering the business and to ensure all are risk assessed and approved prior to purchasing approval
Key Skills Required:
- Technical knowledge and expertise in a high risk/high care chilled foods environment
- Effective man management skills
- Demonstrate clear communication skills both verbal and written at all levels
- Qualification in food science or related subject
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Accurate, detailed, methodical and logical approach
- Effective problem solving and ability to positively challenge
If the idea of working for a company that pride themselves on delivering high quality food and genuinely look after their staff, who also offer a competitive salary/benefits package with continual career development. This really is an opportunity not to be missed and we would love to hear from you, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Apply for Site Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly