Development Manager – Nutrifeed
4 days left
- Contract Type
Development Manager – Nutrifeed
Are you currently performing a role as Development Manager - Nutrifeed in a leading global organisation within the industry? And ready for a new challenge, or ready to take up such a role? Do you combine strong feed composition and animal nutrition experience with a balanced understanding of dairy chemistry and market dynamics? Then we would like to hear from you.
The Development Manager – Nutrifeed will lead the R&D team and the innovation strategy, focusing on animal nutrition. The purpose of this position is to lead R&D and product innovation while ensuring the enhancement of best practices. In this role you are accountable for the development of products and for driving the research agenda in areas that are strategically important. We seek a dynamic and experienced R&D person with an extensive background in Feed, who knows how to operate in the triangle of R&D, Operations and Supply Chain and is commercially aware.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop and execute a 5 years’ innovation roadmap to drive continued penetration and value in key business sectors.
- Make recommendations based on the understanding of customer needs, research findings and product performance leading to new products or improved existing products.
- Advise on product exchangeability and application to realise market share.
- Lead the R&D team and ensure alignment with the commercial team and the business strategy.
- Develop the young animal expertise in the team and train the go-to-market team including the Sales Managers and distributors.
- Sponsor and drive end-to-end project management of the innovation program.
- Develop strong relationships with the company’s commercial and operations teams and lead the development of partnerships to discuss innovation and research agenda.
- Provide support to Production and ensure quality of the products.
- Accountable for raw materials availability and milk supply dynamics knowledge.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it’s not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our 22,000 employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
FrieslandCampina Nutrifeed is the dairy specialist in young animal nutrition within FrieslandCampina. Using the milk produced by our own 19,000 member farmers, we are dedicated to dairy based nutrition. Our expertise spans the physical, chemical and nutritional properties of milk proteins, fat dispersion, spray dry technology and young animal physiology.
Leading 3 direct reports, you will report to the Nutrifeed Business Director and are part of the Ingredients R&D Management Team as well as the Nutrifeed Commercial Team.
Requirements and Compensation Benefits
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Animal Science or strongly related discipline.
- Over 10 years’ experience in Senior Innovation and/or Technical roles within commercial Feed industry, preferably in young animals (piglets and calves).
- Strong commercial and financial acumen and experienced at translating corporate objectives into relevant strategies and action plans.
- Leader with proven people management and development experience and able to align people and teams across functions and regions to drive progress on strategic objectives.
- Proven track record motivating and engaging all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
As a person you have / are:
- Customer centric mindset and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound project /program management skills and able to adapt business processes to fit organizational development.
- Proven leadership and influencing capabilities - inspires confidence, trust and commitment across all functions.
- Naturally curious, striving to understand the business and taking the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- The role will be based in Wageningen, but you will work from Veghel and Amersfoort on a weekly base as well.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls not appreciated.