Factory General Manager
Our client is a leading international FMCG business who have experienced significant growth both organically and through acquisition.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Factory General Manager for one of their sites. The Factory General Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the operational strategy for the site to ensure that business targets are met.
- Develop and maintain strong leadership across the site ensuring at all times that a well-structured and motivated. management team is in place.
- Ensure a positive attitude within the business through emphasis on performance and quality.
- Drive down all aspects of costs to improve profitability.
- Maximise productivity with a proactive strategy for further investment to sustain competitive advantage and reduce operating costs.
- Ensure the optimum use of resources – people, plant and equipment, inventory, information systems.
- Control and minimise manufacturing inventory, maintenance, distribution and other variable overheads.
- Encourage the development and use of cost controls with an emphasis on measurement, achievement or budget and continued cost effectiveness.
- Encourage the development of quality systems and processes, which create and maintain the integrity and food safety of all products manufactured.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Proven track record in a similar role with operational management experience, together with significant commercial and technical exposure gained in an FMCG environment.
- Prior experience or delivering culture change and / or site turnarounds.
- Exposure and knowledge of World Class manufacturing principles.
- Commercially minded.
- High level of drive and ambition to progress.