Warehouse Manager - Fresh Produce
At IPL our role is very clear. We are here to improve the value, quality and availability of our products whilst also lowering the cost of goods to Asda and Walmart so they can pass on these savings to customers around the world. Our mission of creating a unique supply base capability enables us to support Asda and Walmart's Mission to ‘Save Money Live Better’.
We are the 2nd largest privately owned food processing business in the UK. With over 2000 colleagues we are currently spread over twelve UK sites and several country offices that span five of the seven continents. But we don't plan to stop there. As our journey progresses we look to continue evolving and growing by seeking new business opportunities and utilising our expertise to save Asda and Walmart customers money every day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Food Production Operations Manager to join the team at our IPL site in Sittingbourne, Kent. The Operations (Warehouse) Manager will lead and inspire teams of Warehouse Colleagues across multiple shifts and processes ensuring management and control of the Warehouse Operation whilst achieving agreed budgetary and service levels.
Providing visible leadership on colleague engagement, to drive continuous improvement across all aspects of the IPL performance through a team of operations leaders, whilst maintaining Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards in order to provide maximum manufacturing efficiency on site.
Shift Pattern - 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.00pm
Please note this is a Temporary 1 Year contract.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the management of a warehouse site including Planning, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice warehouse, vision, strategy, polices, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Ensure all agreed operational and warehouse objectives, targets & KPI’s are met ensuring colleagues understand and support performance improvement and efficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement across Health & Safety, Compliance, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People.
- Responsibility to ensure hygiene standards on site, including documentation for the hygiene procedures to meet the most up to date BRC (Food safety requirements).
- Responsible for delivering to the customer quality goods within specified SLA’s.
- Ensure Stocks are accurate and controlled by ensuring physical counts are conducted reconciled and investigated fully through management of the stocks team.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of warehouse space to include layout and future capacity requirements.
- Communicate effectively to ensure the team understand the strategic direction of the company/site and role they play in the delivery.
- Work closely with the site People Team to ensure effective structure for growth within your area, maximising and encourage learning and development to develop colleagues within the Operations business.
- Manage and support the Warehouse MHE Trainer in maintaining and run the up keep, servicing, and running of the MHE fleet, ensuring all MHE equipment is serviceable, in LOLER/PUWER inspections and ensure the site is complaint with internal SOPs, processes and procedures.
- Achieve and where possible exceed the budgeted productivity targets for the Warehouse.
- Prepare Warehouse budget and forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards and work with the finance team to ensure an effective operational warehouse plan is maintained and executed.
- Work with the site senior manager monitoring budgets, suggest and implement improvements which will reduce cost through lean efficiency’s, resource planning etc.
- Drive continuous improvement culture through use of Short Interval Control (SIC) and SIC Review. Lead projects to deliver significant business improvements through the deployment of CI tools and undertake continual analysis of the warehouse operation to expose opportunities for change and improvement.
- Be a role model in living company values – promoting an environment where respect, trust and integrity are maintained at all times ensuring that we provide a “great place to work” for colleagues.
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong technical skills and IT Literate (Intermediate level)
- Extensive operational/warehouse management experience and a proven record in large-scale operations.
- The ability to handle and manage changing priorities using good judgement in challenging demanding situations
- Relevant qualification in NEBOSH, Audit and degree qualified
- Practical knowledge and experience of continuous Improvement, ideally using lean techniques (IE six sigma, Lean manufacturing, TPM).
- Significant and relevant experience of working in a leadership position within a large, fast pace Operations / Factory / Production site ideally within FMCG / Pharmaceuticals.
- Health and Safety knowledge and application of within a Warehouse Production Plant.
- Proven ability and significant experience of working in partnership with Human Resources to a diverse team of skilled and unskilled colleagues to deliver objectives.
- Knowledge of HSE requirements to ensure that safe systems of work, risk assessments, pressure systems directives, statutory requirements and HSE legislation.
- Experience of driving a safe working culture with instilled root cause analysis.
- Proven ability of leading an effective Performance Management culture.
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- BA/BSc in Supply Chain or relevant discipline.
- Significant and relevant experience of working within the Supply or Retail sectors
- Continuous Improvement (IE six sigma, Lean manufacturing, TPM)
- PRINCE2 or Project Management qualification
What’s in it for you:
We are a rapidly growing and exciting business, dedicated to the development of our colleagues and committed to creating a great place to work. In order to grow we need to find people already living our Values – Supportive, Trailblazing, Engaging and Principled. In return we will offer you development, a competitive salary and benefits package; inclusive of paid holiday, pension scheme, bonus, car allowance, self and family private medical insurance.