1 day left
- Contract Type
- To supervise their designated team, utilise plant and materials efficiently and maintain and record accurate stock levels.
to optimise performance via measurement, monitoring & analysis including line speeds v target, output rates, waste levels, labour usage, quality & hygiene.
Established in the 1930's, the business initially supplied local chefs with specially selected varieties, as the business grew so did the customer base, taking in retail, wholesale markets and food processors.
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE - to support the factory for achievement of the production plan.
2. PACK-HOUSE PERFORMANCE - to optimise performance via measurement, monitoring &
analysis including line speeds v target, output rates, waste levels, labour usage, quality & hygiene,
3. QUALITY - Working in harmony with QC teams to maximise the quality of product produced within
the designated area through management of & compliance with quality systems including accuracy of
all documented records.
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT - to facilitate the development of an open culture of pro-activity where
people take pride & responsibility in what they do, & feel a sense of involvement & self-worth. To
continuously inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to
ensure alignment to current and future objectives. Support the end of set review.
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT - to be responsible for managing the welfare and
well being of the teams activities, including absence management (Return to Work Interviews), One to
One reviews, and discipline (within authorised limits). To determine and ensure the achievement of
the skills & training requirements of the team can fulfil current and future business needs. To lead,
coach & motivate a multi-skilled team to achieve shared business objectives.
6. HEALTH AND SAFETY -
To contribute towards maintaining high health and safety standards and
to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and
Procedures. To ensure compliance with audit schedules. To ensure site security of own area is robust
at all times.
7. INNOVATION / IMPROVEMENT -
to promote continuous improvement and as part of the team proactively seek new & improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process.
8. PROBLEM SOLVING - to develop problem solving & trouble shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have leadership and delegation skills to achieve agreed targets
- Have problem solving abilities to resolve issues
- Have behavioural Safety awareness / Risk Assessment experience
- Have an Intermediate Food Hygiene Qualification
Ideally have a minimum of 3 years people management experience
- Have an understanding of factory operations
A fantastic opportunity to supervise a team, working towards KPI's and supporting others across all departments.