QA Shift Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Manage and motivate the Quality Assurance technicians, coaching and encouraging them to achieve results which meet targets and objectives, and support the company values. Develop the Quality Assurance technicians, ensure that they are fully trained and competent to carry out all required duties.
- Ensure QA work schedule is being completed fully and at agreed frequencies e.g. audits, verification checks, sampling, swabbing etc.
- Ensure taste panels are being completed fully and at agreed frequencies.
- Complete investigations on OOS arising from audits, taste panels, validation/verification checks, factory incidents and all other non-conformances raised as required by the site technical management team
- Ensure traceabilities are being completed as per agreed schedule or during 3rd party and customer audits and that they are completed within the required timescales.
- Complete site maintenance and fabrication audits within agreed timescales and close out jobs raised with the engineering teams.
- Assist with maintaining factory QC and QA documentation to ensure compliance with relevant food safety, legality and quality requirements.
Working in partnership with operations teams, help drive technical standards such as GMP within operational area of responsibility.
Complete audits of the Olympus autocoding system, ensure product coding and sleeving compliance is being adhered to, based on customer specification.
- Maintain all QA/QC records for retention and retrieval e.g. trace tests
Maintain technical systems such as checkweighers, metal detectors, Olympus, Marco etc. as instructed by the site Technical Management team.
Manage Probes / Utensils / MD Sticks / Swab / other consumable requirements for site, Where applicable maintain database including ref. no.s, ongoing costs, owners, locations, damage and order replacement / repairs within limits of budget. Ensure equipment is calibrated as per agreed schedule.
Any other duties as agreed with the Factory QA Manager.