Service Desk Technician
We are currently recruiting for a First Line Service Desk Technician. The purpose of this role is to receive, log, process and monitor tickets to the Group IT Service Desk, ensuring internal and external escalated levels of support are engaged where appropriate and end-user service level expectations are delivered in a courteous and professional manner.Package description
- Receives and logs incident, problem and change tickets from end users into the Group IT Service Desk system.
- Assesses and assigns priorities to tickets logged from end users ensuring the correct level of urgency is assigned.
- Processes and monitors logged and prioritised tickets, liaising with internal and external resolver groups where necessary to successfully resolve and close the ticket.
- Adheres to Group IT Service Desk best practice on availability and ensures tickets are actioned promptly.
- Builds a good working knowledge of the Group IT environment in order to achieve higher levels of first time fix.
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in IT developed in an IT focused group or organisation.
- Strong communication skills and able to provide technical support over the phone.
- Good problem solving skills and techniques.
- Ability to switch between tasks and multi task effectively during peak times.
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation or Group.
- Driving Licence as there is a requirement to visit other sites on occasion
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.