We are working with a forward thinking and progressive produce business in the search for a Buying Assistant to join an experienced commercial and procurement team. This role will suit a candidate who is looking to develop a career in procurement and has some experience in short shelf life products and strong systems and data skills. Supporting the senior managers this role will give you the opportunity to learn from the best, gaining valuable insight into the product category and supporting them with suppliers globally.
* To manage and support procurement programmes with growers
* Regular interaction with growers to gather key information/monitor plans
* Ensure target KPI's are achieved on a periodic basis on Quality, Availability and Price
* Management of reports and data for procurement and commercial
* Identify and problem solve any issues with logistics/distribution in the supply chain
* Provide support, insight and information to assist customers
* Supporting the team in the development of logistics networks to keep competitive edge in the market
Experience and Person Spec:
* Previous experience in a support Procurement/Supply Chain/Planning role
* Ideally knowledge and experience in the fresh produce sector
* Adaptive and a problem solver
* Advanced experience of Excel and data systems
* Excellent communication skills
* Track record in prioritising and completing tasks
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.