Front Line Manager
Our client are a leading Food Manufacturer with some well-loved brands within their category, they are currently seeking a Front Line Manager.
You will be accountable for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs, with a specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading a manufacturing team of Team Members, Advanced Team Members, and Technical Coordinators.
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure compliance with everyday Quality processes.
- Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity.
- Delegate, empower and motivate people to achieve goals.
- Responsible for the motivation level of Team Members, for leading, coaching, conducting regular monitoring and appraisals. Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained.
- Responsible for recruitment of Advanced Team Members (ATMs) and Team Members (TMs) and, jointly with the Area Engineering Managers (AEMs), Technical Coordinators (TCs).
- Strong people management skills.
- Experience dealing with absence, disciplinary, grievance…
- Proven track record in delivering against production and manufacturing KPIs/SLAs.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma is desirable.
- Current work experience in the Food industry would be desirable.
- From a lean manufacturing background also desirable.
- Experience at a supervisory/leadership level.
- Flexibility for shift working patterns and extended cover shifts.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Proven knowledge of setting team and individual objectives, KPIs and employee development.
- Customer focused and able to meet internal/external requirements.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive basic up to £35,000
- This role operates a 3-shift rotation: 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 / 22:00-06:00
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.