Preventative Maintenance Engineer
Hours Of Work
Shift-Pattern: Mon-Fri (07:00am- 17:00pm)
Working Hours: 47.5hrs per week
Salary negotiable dependant on experience
About the role:
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements. They would also be required to work closely with the team leaders, and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste.
The Shift Engineer would also be involved in any new installations, and would be expected to communicate with the Engineering Manager on all production and engineering issues.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team!
The desired candidate would need to have key engineering skills, preferably within an FMCG environment, and would need the following attributes:
- Good practical and technical skills
- Must be computer literate (excel/MS office/outlook etc.)
- Communication skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley/Siemens)
- Experience within a food industry
- Understanding of CMMS.