Mechanical/Electrical Shift Engineer
Full-Time 48hrs per week
Shift Patterns will be discussed at Interview Stage, but some flexibility will be required.
Rate of pay: Negotiable dependant on experience.
About the role:
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements/installations, maintaining equipment / conveyors / frame works. You would also be required to work closely with the team leaders, and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste, communicating any production and engineering issues back to the Engineering Manager.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team!
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Are you a trained electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume bakery manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal.
- Are you qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in the electrical discipline?
- Do you have experience within the Food Manufacturing sector or other FMCG engineering environment?
- Be Computer Literate
Excellent communication skills