Production Supervisor / Production Team Leader role, Food Production, Peterborough
We are recruiting for an Production Supervisor role role on behalf of our leading Food Manufacturer, based in Peterborough.
The Production Supervisor will guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organising workflow. The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
In a fast-paced environment the Production Supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. The Production Supervisor should also be able to optimise day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs.
The Production Supervisor will not just be someone who supervises the work of others the Production Supervisor is also responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between members of staff and senior management. The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out in a safe manner to the right quality and to the agreed efficiencies to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision and communicate them to staff members
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organise workflow and preparing schedules. Assigning responsibilities to employees. Ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Check production output according to agreed targets and submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Receive complaints and resolve problemsPrepare and submit performance reports
- Decide on reward and promotion based on performance
- Recruit and train new employees. Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Production Shift Manager, Production Team Leader, Production Line Leader, Key Operative, Manufacturing Manager, Section Manager, Food, Drinks, Manufacturer, FMCG, Operations, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Ely, Bourne, Corby, Spalding, March, Chatteris, Stamford, Wisbech, Cambridge