Section Manager - Evenings
6 days left
- Contract Type
Section Manager - Evenings
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh prepared food market, specialising in developing private-label products for top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
Our Bakkavor site in Newark, which is part of our Desserts division, specialises in cream cakes and trifles and we are market leaders in both categories. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing we produce 137 million packs of cream cakes and 24 million trifles each year. We employ 1600 people and have plans to grow this significantly over the next 3 years.
This is due to new business which will be supplied from the site from this summer.
It has never been a more exciting time to be part of a forward thinking company and a site that is delivering commercial success year on year. We are looking for amazing talent who can support the success of the site now and into the future.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Section Manager due to the expansion to provide leadership and drive within a fast paced environment ensuring that Health & Safety and Food Safety is top priority while still meeting business demands.
Your accountabilities include:
- To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- To maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met
- To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems (i.e. appraisal) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to dismissal stage.
- To own the training & development of all levels of team. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- To ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
- Encourages the Bakkavor values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.
Shift hours 4.30pm to 1am
There is a vacancy Monday to Friday and a vacancy Sunday to Thursday.
In return you will receive excellent development opportunities and a salary £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience plus pension, bonus, healthcare.
Apply for Section Manager - Evenings
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly