Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Senior Planner to support the Planning Manager to deliver business plan & Supply Chain Strategy. Promote consistent working across planning teams. Develop & embed planning rules with operations team. You will work very closely with operations team as a cross functional unit.
- Establish best practices across teams/ shifts
- Ensure realistic, achievable, accurate information is supplied to operations in a timely way
- Keep planning manual & training matrix updated with all current processes & procedures
- Control WIP & FG stocks to minimise OOD material
- Support the PM in delivery of department & site strategy
- Establish meeting schedule to keep ops & planning up to date with daily current reality. React to situation, elevate as necessary
- Cultivate customers contact at appropriate level to foster good working relationships with customer supply teams
- Report & analyse KPIs, discuss with team & create improvement strategy
- Manage planning team
You will ideally:
- Be working for a chilled food manufacturer
- Have excellent computer skills
- Have supervisory experience
- Be able to drive change and work under your own initiative.
You may currently be working in a Production role looking to progress into Planning or you will currently be working in a Planning role looking to continue your development.
In return you will receive a Competitive salary plus pension, healthcare and bonus plus continued development.
This is a 4 on 4 off shift 6am – 6pm