6 days left
- Contract Type
Working hours – Monday – Friday 8.30am -5.30pm (with flex to suit business requirements)
Here at Bakkavor we believe our people make more of a difference than anything else. We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
Bakkavor Desserts Highbridge specialise in cheesecakes and tarts working closely with our sister site in Newark that specialise in Cream Cakes such as Choux and Eclairs and Trifles.
Part of NPD Process Team reporting to Senior Process Technologist. To assist in the Product Development Process , by way of undertaking duties associated with product trials and product evaluation – in line with Bakkavor & Customer requirements
- Manage and coordinate line trials in-line with the Bakkavör and Customer requirements and as instructed by Line Manager, aligned to critical path activities
- Document all data from trials inc. shelf-life, organs etc, comprehensively and legibly for future review in order to establish process capabilities and support due diligence
- Secure and submit appropriate samples as requested by Customer as well as those for analysis e.g. Microbiological, for organoleptic evaluation and for transit trials
- Plan and organise resources to achieve the day to day delivery of trials etc, in-line with Project timescales.
- Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes, process controls for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
- Carry out ongoing Process validation of relevant factory equipment to ensure site due diligence requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate Pre-Production and Launch preparation.
- Contribute to post launch evaluation of process in conjunction with NPD to ensure process established at launch is still valid for full scale production and implement improvements as necessary
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment
- Deliver NPD lines that are factory enable and adhere to required food safety, quality and legality.
- Work on process improvement and cost efficiency projects.
- Support Process Team with Customer visits.
- Attend Customer off site meetings to present products during sign off process.
What you’ll need
- Ideally a Degree in food related subject.
- Ideally 2-5 years within Food Manufacturing (Chilled or Desserts would be advantageous ).
In return you will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career.
Apply for Process Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly