ENGINEERING & PROJECTS MANAGER – GWYNEDD, WALES
Engineering & Projects Manager – Gwynedd, Wales
Salary - £50-55,000 (negotiable)
Are you an Engineering & Projects Manager with a strong project background? This growing manufacturer of chilled foods now have an urgent requirement for a highly experienced Engineering & Projects Manager to manage a small team, with a large focus on project management.
This business have seen success over the last few years, and have some exciting plans to continue with this level of growth. They now require a hands on, people manager who can develop the existing team, whilst working on various upcoming projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for total site Engineering function.
- Primary responsibilities within the scope of maintenance and engineering, implementing systems and ensuring systems are being adhered to.
- Organisation of tasks/materials and equipment.
- Co-ordination of maintenance team and contractors.
- Development of an effective preventive maintenance scheme and implementation.
- Monitoring and implementing improvements in production down time and costs.
- Ensure continuous improvement is in place to make year on year improvements and to hit Budget targets.
- Continuous compliance review of current and new equipment.
- Improve the performance through root-cause analyses to reduce lost time and waste.
- Support and contribute to all customer/third party visits and audits and support relevant teams to improve audit standards.
- Provide technical assistance wherever possible to facilitate any rectification / improvement within the scope of Maintenance / Engineering.
- Project Management to include cost cutting exercises and budget controls.
- Analyse business requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Experience in a Senior Engineering role within the food industry.
- Both electrical and mechanical skills.
- Strong project management background.
- “Hands on” approach.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking.
This business have some long terms plans in place to see some exciting growth, and now require the right person to oversee the Engineering division. If you believe this could be you, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 205 4970 for more information.