Head of Food Operations
Head of Food Operations
Help inspire the next billion plant-powered people with super delicious, hyper convenient, totally plant-based, direct-to-doorstep deliveries of chef-prepared, flash frozen, plant-based food, ready to enjoy in minutes.
You will operate at the heart of our high-paced and fast-growing food production operation. This really is a blank canvas primed for creation, from process and flow design to intensive food technology experimentation and the planning of our comprehensive people architecture. Working closely with our team of excellent chefs and operators you will be problem solving from day one, with your hands deep into everything from equipment sourcing and maintenance, to recipe refinements and consistency improvements to continue our creation of the best tasting food that’s ever hit a freezer.
Your first three months:
- There are a number of key priorities that create tensions in the operational design and how we go about executing it - quality, speed, scale, agility, and of course contribution margin. It is all about managing the balance between these competing tensions.
- The design and delivery of a successful build and launch for our Phase 2 Food Production site to go live Q1 2019.
- The scaling of team and systems to enable growing volumes, rapid expansion of range into the many other occasions we’re ready to serve.
- You will take full responsibility for our food production operation from day 1; owning food systems maintenance and development, KPIs across the supply chain, continuous mapping and refining of production processes, improving prep, cook, freezing and plating stages, and, identifying new equipment, space, people, supplier and process needs - all with a view to helping our chefs make our food delightful and delicious every time.
- Continuous drive towards new operational efficiency wins on a weekly basis to help deliver upon our continuously improving food contribution margin.
- Project management across a 40+ person Food Ops team, and the broader business in logistics, shipping, marketing and tech.
- People management; leading on creating an awesome culture, daily stand-up sessions, weekly leads huddles, running 1:1 performance reviews, coaching and developing every member of staff to their full potential.
- You must be energetic and enthusiastic, you hold a positive attitude at all times, and understand the importance of creating a great culture through deliberate design.
- You are an effective communicator, and work well within a team, you know how to handle difficult situations and character types to get the very best out of everyone.
- You are a resilient self-starter with a real passion for the beauty and elegance of great tasting food.
- You are an extremely experienced operator, holding an in depth knowledge and understanding of the need for quality management, and enjoy building and maintaining slick operational systems, constantly interpreting, recording and acting upon performance indicator data.
- You are a detail oriented, highly organised team player, able to clearly brief others and balance priorities in a dynamic high pace environment.
- You must have rock solid Excel or Google Sheets skills, and a rigorous analytical mindset.
- You know how to work to and smash incredibly tight deadlines, and apply a sharp attention to process, detail and quality.