Prep Lead Operator - Nights
5 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Operator to lead nominated colleagues and manage the consistent application of processes within a given area/line to ensure products are prepared/manufactured to the agreed standards and production plans.
Shift Pattern - Wednesday to Saturday 20:00-06:30 (4 days)Main responsibilities
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan.
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consist and reliable
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, corrective actions and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Occasionally review operational trends within Line/Area to identify and act on opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance and/or profit in support of the shift operational plan
- Provide training to operational staff
- A good standard of education; demonstrates good literacy and numerical skills, able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- Experience of operating as a lead operative within an FMCG environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Accreditation, Allergen Awareness, Health and Safety (provided by Greencore)
- Good problem solving skills and experience of using Lean practises to resolve production issue or enhance performance
- Previous experience of directing a diverse workforce and leading team to deliver
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Greencore Food to Go Northampton is undergoing unprecedented growth with over £30 Million invested in our site. The end result is that we have recently opened our 5th unit. Greencore always look to put people at the core, and at Northampton our Learning and Development team have delivered well over 30,000 hours of training in the past year alone. We offer a clear and well defined career path and will actively look at how we can enable our colleagues to push themselves forward.