We are looking for a Technical Manager with a genuine passion for food to contribute to the continued success of our food manufacturing business.
As the Technical Manager you will be required to manage the technical performance through the business activities to ensure that products are safe, high quality and legally compliant to meet or exceed our customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day QA/QC functions of the Technical Office
- Accountable for Non Conformance and Incident management including the tracking, root cause analysis and completion of the appropriate correct actions.
- Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements on a day to day basis.
- Complete Audits & Risk Assessments
- Liaise with external authorities, suppliers and customers
- Manage teams through the development, testing and implementation stages of quality improvement initiatives and review the completed work effectively
- Chairing quality meetings and relaying QA / QC performance data to the Executives
- Liaising with the sales teams
- Producing, updating and maintaining finished product specifications
- Experience in a Technical/QA or QC Management role
- Knowledge of other third party certifications for food safety
- Food Safety in Manufacturing qualification
- A relevant degree, food related qualification or be qualified by experience
- Experience of dealing with Customers and Suppliers
- Internal auditor experience
- Managing or leading 3rd party audits
- Computer Literate (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- A proven track record of working in a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP, BRC v7, Food service standards and audit protocols.
- Understanding of ethical standards such as Halal, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of product development through manufacturing and to launch.
- Passion to drive the company forward
You will be located at our Head Office in Aldridge, West Midlands.
Salary – £40,000 p.a
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV along with a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org